Sunday, July 17, 2011

Better Luck Next Time

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. I knew everything couldn’t be sunshine and bunnies forever. After all, I do live in the real world, not some deliciously amazing paranormal otherworld. (I should be so lucky!)
I had a little setback this week that was (truth be told) heartbreaking. I may L-O-V-E to read, but I’ve never had an eye for art. So when I fell for the portfolio of a certain photographer, I fell hard. Head over heels hard. We were this close *holds fingers just a smidge apart* to agreeing on terms for an image to be used on my cover. It would have been divine. Beautiful. Artistic. Moving. I felt connected to the image. In my head it was a done deal.
Alas, certain photographer flaked on me at the last minute and now it’s back to square one. I’m disappointed, but I guess those are the chances you take when you’re brokering a deal via an international web connection. C'est la vie.
When it’s all said and done, I’ll find something new that’s just as dark and lovely because I won’t settle for anything less. Oh, and I’ll still be a fan of certain photographer-- a fan with different cover art.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! Wasn't meant to be. You'll find something else for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no that's just horrible. I hope it gets sorted soonest. :(

    ReplyDelete